Scheduling Software for Yoga TeachersWritten by Crunch Ranjani
We all love teaching our yoga classes but scheduling can be a nightmare.
Luckily, there are a multitude of software options available to ease the process of scheduling and booking classes, whether it’s one-on-one private sessions or group classes.
Here are a few of our yoga teachers’ favorites.
If you don’t yet have a website and are looking for a quick and easy way to get started with scheduling classes, OfferingTree might be a good fit for you.
A one-stop-shop to create a website, host and schedule your online offerings, receive payments and send automatic communications, OfferingTree’s paid plans that include scheduling options start at just $11/month.
OfferingTree prides itself on:
- Attractive, mobile-ready, professional websites that you can have up and ready in 10 minutes
- Payment processing options for 30+ countries
- Support for retreats, workshops and class series
- Client databases that allow for easy monitoring
- Easy-to-use email marketing tools including drip email marketing and newsletters
- Options to offer memberships and packages
Yoga teachers describe OfferingTree as “incredibly easy” – easy to set up, easy for sign ups, easy for payments.
It is an all-in-one solution specially designed for wellness professionals looking for a website, scheduling and payment system and blog.
OfferingTree also recently introduced integration with video streaming software like Zoom.
Get started with your free OfferinTree website in just 3 easy steps, and use this link for a special discount, exclusively for The Connected Yoga Teacher fans.
A popular favorite among the teachers in The Connected Yoga Teacher Facebook group, Acuity offers plans that cater to different levels of businesses.
Their Freebie plan offers very limited functionality for free, but upgrading to even the most basic paid plan ($14/month) is a worthwhile investment for yoga teachers.
It includes business essentials like:
- Integration with Zoom (and other video conferencing software),
- Option to send email reminders
- Integrations for invoicing and accounting
- Seamless payment methods
- Automatic time zone conversion for clients
- Being able to offer coupons and vouchers for discounts
- Customizing to offer classes, workshops, or group events
- Calendar integrations so you avoid double bookings
Many yoga teachers (especially those who are not tech-savvy!) report that Acuity is easy and intuitive to set up, and that their customer service staff is very helpful if you need assistance. They also run a free Facebook group for additional support.
However, Acuity’s mobile application has limited functionality, and several users have remarked that being on a laptop / desktop / tablet is necessary to make more detailed changes to your schedule.
Interested in seeing if Acuity is a fit for your yoga business? They also offer a free 7-day trial.
Specifically catered to yoga studios and teachers, Momoyoga is a strong contender for scheduling software that helps you manage and streamline bookings, payments and more.
Starting at just $16/month, Momoyoga is a simple and straightforward option for yoga teachers looking to get started.
Some of the features Momoyoga offers include:
- Website integration to WordPress, Squarespace, Wix and more
- Eight different languages to cater to teachers and students globally
- Integration with video streaming services such as Zoom, Google Hangouts & Skype
- Supports a variety of payment options, including credit card and PayPal
- Set up recurring payments for memberships
- Generate reports of statistics to track attendance, new sign-ups, and other performance indicators
Momoyoga users enjoy its simplicity and straightforwardness, as well as the affordable price points.
However, some yoga teachers have reported that their students found the sign-up process repetitive and cumbersome, and that there are fewer options to customize. The mobile app also has some glitches, but this can be avoided by using the website for full functionality.
Schedulicity is a great option for studios and teachers who run in-person classes. Shannon used this company for a long time, and they sponsored The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast for many episodes.
Pricing starts at $20/month, with different add-ons such as automated billing, client text reminders and package management available depending on your business needs.
Some of the key features Schedulicity offers are:
- Customizable policies for booking, deposits, etc.
- Text and email reminders
- Create and send online waivers
- Automated waitlists
- Automated marketing tools
- Integrated payment processing options
Yoga teachers who love Schedulicity say it is extremely easy to set up and for their students to navigate and use. Their customer service department has also been described as “top-notch”. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Schedulicity has also waived their fees till 2021, and is offering grants to small businesses in need.
However, yoga teachers have commented on the fact that Schedulicity does not currently offer Zoom integration, which adds a step to setting up virtual sessions. It also does not show different time zones, which can be a challenge if you’re scheduling classes with students in different locations. Also, note that Schedulicity only serves clients based in North America.
Check out Schedulicity for free to see if it’s the software for you.
Ribbon positions itself as an all-in-one platform for online events.
Operating on a commissions model, Ribbon charges a 5% fee per student on their Starter plan ($0/month), and only a 1% fee for the Basic plan ($20/month).
Key offerings that make Ribbon an attractive option:
- Integrates with your website with no branding (or can work as your landing page!)
- Unlimited storage for videos
- Different payment processing options such as PayPal and Stripe
- Allows for subscriptions and packages
- Automatic Zoom integration
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Single video rental and on-demand rental of recordings
Ribbon is particularly popular among yoga teachers who are looking for a no-fuss option that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg (or anything at all) to get started.
By operating on a commission basis, yoga teachers have the option to upgrade only when it makes financial sense for them while maintaining all of the functionality that Ribbon offers. Current Ribbon users also deem the customer service as “excellent”.
While more well-known as a platform to build websites, Wix also offers robust scheduling options as a part of its seamless website integration.
Their free service allows yoga students to make bookings, but in order to accept payments, a Wix Business Premium plan is necessary – prices start at $17/month.
Features offered by Wix:
- Zoom integration
- Seamless website integration
- Templates that make customization a breeze
- Collect client info with custom booking forms
- Ability to offer membership plans and packages, as well as different class types
- Auto adjust bookings for time zones
- Supports a variety of payment providers including PayPal, Stripe, Alipay and more
- Accept payment in 40+ currencies
- Integrates with accounting tools
- Offers advanced bookings analytics to track performance
Wix is described as being “super easy” and one of the advantages for yoga teachers is having everything (website, scheduling, payments etc.) on one platform, which makes for a seamless experience for students.
Some users have minor complaints about not being able to change formats for particular classes and the display format of their calendars.
The scheduling software options listed above are only the most popular, but every yoga teacher is different and has different needs for their yoga business. If none of the above options tickles your fancy, here are a few others that may work for you.
- Instabook: Paid plans start at $50/month, and it features an easy-to-use interface. It includes functionality to create and run promos, offer class packs, stream directly or via Zoom, and unlimited uploads to an on-demand library.
- Bookwhen: Starting at $15/month with a free trial period, it offers online and offline payments, is optimized for mobile and tablet, and Zoom, YouTube and Vimeo Integration. The straightforward system also makes it easy to navigate.
- LiveFitStream: Users describe it as a seamless system that is easy to set up and use. Designed specifically for yoga teachers and students across the world, it allows teachers to add the schedule to their own website and also promotes classes on a global schedule for students. It is affordably priced at $4.99CAD/month and includes a free 1-month trial.
- Mindbody: Offering integrated business solutions for wellness professionals, it includes access to marketing tools, business education resources, and staff and client management solutions in addition to scheduling software. Plans start from $159/month
- Gymcatch: Starting at $10/month with a 3-month free trial, Gymcatch offers event scheduling, a customer management portal and web, iOS and Android client apps that make it easy for yoga teachers to run their businesses effortlessly. Their yoga studio management software is also available for every size of business.
Which scheduling software are you using in your yoga business, and what do you love about it? Let us know in the comments!
About the Author
Crunch Ranjani is a copywriter & editor who specializes in writing content for health & wellness professionals.
She loves to travel and has been a digital nomad since 2013.
Visit Crunch's website.