253: Reflect & Plan [Part 4] with Shannon Crow
At the end of every year, Shannon has a personal practice of reflection and planning. In this episode, Shannon shares her process of goal setting. She explains the SMART goals framework she uses, and why she only chooses 1-3 goals to focus on for a 90-day stretch. Shannon also reveals her tips and tricks to help her stay motivated in accomplishing her goals, and how she actually reaches her goals. This episode is part of a series, and an excellent guide to return to every time you need to take stock and review how things are going in your yoga business.
[4:53] Shannon recaps the first three parts of the reflect and plan framework she has been sharing.
[6:00] Don’t be afraid to take this framework and adapt it to what fits you!
“Make this fit your life and your beliefs and whatever suits you.” ~ Shannon Crow
[8:28] Choose 1-3 goals to focus on for the next 90 days.
[10:44] Shannon uses the SMART goals framework to set her goals. She explains what this means.
[15:08] Define if your goals are habit goals or achievement goals, and which area of importance it fits into. Also outline the benefits of this goal, and the small steps you will take to complete the goal.
“A habit goal is something that you do daily or on a regular basis, whereas an achievement goal is something that you finish.” ~ Shannon Crow
[18:50] The magic step to reaching your goals is to get it on your calendar!
“The magic step is getting it on your calendar.” ~ Shannon Crow
[22:31] Something that helps Shannon in reaching goals is trying not to break a streak, and having accountability.
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast Episode 250: Reflect & Plan with Shannon Crow
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast Episode 251: Reflect & Plan [Part 2] with Shannon Crow & Jivana Heyman
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast Episode 252: Reflect & Plan [Part 3] with Shannon Crow
- Year on the Wall Calendar by Steph Crowder
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast Episode 183: How to Plan a productive week with Shawn Radcliffe
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast Episode 122: Productivity for Yoga Teachers with Amber De La Garza
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast Episode 065: Create Your Ideal Yoga Schedule with Shannon Crow
- Shannon Crow on Instagram
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Facebook Group
Gratitude to our Sponsors, Pelvic Health Professionals.
This has been a great series. Could you please share the source for the wall calendar that you mentioned? Thank you!
Hi Janis! I am so glad that you have enjoyed this series. Yes, I have the link to the Year on the wall with Steph Crowder — https://www.courageandclarity.com/year-on-the-wall-hidden
I buy my calendar from a local store here and I use magnets to stick it on my wall. Let me know if you want the link to those as well.