208: Four Years of Podcasting with Shannon Crow
The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast is celebrating its fourth anniversary! In this special episode, host Shannon Crow answers questions inspired by listeners and members of The Connected Yoga Teacher community.
Shannon opens up about her inspiration for starting the podcast and what her journey has been like through the years of podcasting. She also shares a behind-the-scenes look at getting sponsorship for the podcast, and her advice on how to handle companies who approaching you with sponsorship offers. Shannon gets really vulnerable and shares some of the mistakes she made along the way, her thoughts on the community of Connected Yoga Teachers, and gives us a sneak preview of some projects she has in the pipeline.
For anyone who’s wanted to get a glimpse behind the curtain of The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast, this is the episode for you.
[1:20] The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast is celebrating its fourth anniversary!
[2:52] Shannon gives a shout out to the sponsor of the podcast – Schedulicity.
[4:33] Shannon thanks YOU for listening to the podcast!
[6:40] Shannon reflects on the previous podcast anniversary episode.
[9:39] If you still have questions for Shannon, send her a voicemail!
[10:12] How did Shannon decide to start podcasting, and what was her journey to starting a podcast?
“I wanted yoga teachers to see that collaborating together, supporting each other as professionals could really bring us all forward.” ~ Shannon Crow
[13:32] Shannon talks about her experiences in niching down, choosing a specialty and moving online.
“If you start focusing on what you’re really interested in, what you’re really good at, and what people are really asking you for, it will evolve. Your niche will come out of that!” ~ Shannon Crow
[19:50] There have been some huge challenges that have come up in Shannon’s business recently.
“How can you create the blue ocean for yourself?” ~ Shannon Crow
[21:33] How did Shannon get a sponsor for the podcast?
“If you want to create yoga offerings for a population that cannot pay, look for a company that can.” ~ Shannon Crow
[29:06] Shannon has some tips about if you’re getting approached to get sponsored.
[34:48] Think about also highlighting your own paid offerings when putting out free content.
[35:42] What are some of the mistakes that Shannon has made?
[39:16] What is Shannon’s underlying “big Why” for starting the podcast and Facebook group?
[44:19] What’s next for Shannon?
[50:55] Shannon shares some of her final thoughts and reflections on yoga today.
- Shannon Crow on Instagram
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Facebook Group
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast Episode 160: Milestones of My Yoga Business
- Blue Ocean Strategy, by W. Chan Kim & Renée Mauborgne
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast Episode 095: Making a CEO Business Plan with Shannon Crow
- Natalie Eckdahl
- Pelvic Health Professionals
- Sukhasana Chair (Code: TCYT10)
- High End Hippie (Shampoo Bars)
- Offering Tree
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast Episode 147: Core Strength Myths & Cues with Lauren Ohayon
- What Does the Future Hold for Yoga Teachers? Live Show with Amber Karnes
- Kelly Christian
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Podcast Episode 154: Bookkeeping for Yoga Teachers with Kelly Christian
Gratitude to our Sponsor Schedulicity.