Create and Grow Your Yoga Student Email ListThe Connected Yoga Teacher Live Show: Episode 9
Today on The Connected Yoga Teacher live show, Shannon talks about the creating and growing a yoga student email list.
There is a video (to the left) that will provide more details and examples. The summary article is below.
To receive the editable / printable versions of the student waiver form that Shannon refers to – click the button below to sign up to The Connected Yoga Teacher email list. You will get to see first hand how an opt-in offer works.
Creating An Email List of Yoga Students
A yoga student email list is one of the most effective communication channels you can have as a yoga entrepreneur. You may be using social media to communicate with students and that is good. Just remember that it isn’t a for sure and reliable communication tool. Social media depends on the decisions and algorithms set by the developers.
Private Email Account Versus An Email Service Provider
Maybe you send business and family emails with something like gmail and if you have a group that you need to communicate with you can send them an email via gmail, but when you are sending an email to your yoga students it is important that they:
- Are able to subscribe and / or opt-in via your website or student waiver form and
- Are able to unsubscribe at anytime
It is important to check the anti-spam laws for your country and make sure that your email service provider is abiding by them.
How Can Students Sign Up With Their Email?
- Existing emails (from student waiver forms)
- Via Website Sign Up / Opt-in
- Facebook Page Sign Up
What to Email
- Provide valuable content.
- Write as though you are writing to your ideal yoga student (avatar).
- Be clear about what you will be sending via email.
- Treat people as your would like to be treated. What would you like to receive via email?
Email Sign Up Examples
Below are two examples of email sign ups. One is from The Connected Yoga Teacher homepage and the other is from Tone Studio’s home page. These are simple sign up forms – without an opt-in offering. These examples show how you can divide your list into groups based on their preferences.
Email Content Ideas
What emails do you love to receive and read? What sets them apart from the “junk mail” you get? Check out different emails. Ask your friends what emails they enjoy.
Here are some ideas to inspire content creation:
- Share your articles/blog (full or partial in the email)
- Tell students about your new schedule, classes or events
- Weekly Newsletter (containing information not found on your website or in your articles)
- Email course / series (set up as automated)
- Giveaway – that is related to a problem / need that your yoga students have
Email Content Forms:
- Yoga flow
- Discount / Coupons
If you are feeling stuck or overwhelmed and needing help with your yoga student email list – you can book a consultation session with Shannon or reach out to another yoga teacher or designer. There is a great value in communication with your yoga students, but you need to decide if it is something that will benefit your yoga business and then decide who will be doing it – you or someone else.